Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Year of the Snows



This is crazy--it's snowing again--very unusual for Texas!! I was awakened by Rufus this morning around 6:30. At first I thought it was daylight, then realized it was just so bright because snow was everywhere!

As soon as it was daylight I put out more seed for the birds. They were waiting in the tree by the feeding station.
They immediately flocked to the station.  I'll need to go out in a few minutes and clear off the area and put out more seed-it is getting covered rapidly.


I could see footprints (rather holes) in the snow where the cats had been out. George was on the front porch waiting to tell Rufus "good morning." The snow didn't bother the horses. Moe went out and rolled, Bochica paced the fence (wanting me to open the gate to the big pasture) and then he rolled also. Now they are under the overhang eating hay.





We had 5 inches around 8:00 a.m. and it is still coming down pretty heavily.
It is definitely a winter wonderland here at Salispuedes. So much for my theory of a mild winter. :)

A friend of mine from my Texas Master Naturalist chapter gave me a neat recipe of food to put out for the bluebirds, so that is my next project. Wish I could get to the store for more ingredients, but guess I'll make do with what I have. I'm definitely "snowed in."

No comments: