Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Bucket List

I made a bucket list in 1997, years before the term became popular in the movie. My husband had died that May and I was determined to make the most of the years I had left.  You can only cry so long. So I pulled myself together and began my "bucket list". It has served me well. Some of the things I have crossed off as completed are:

Ride an Arabian horse, have a lush flower garden, grow cacti, kayak down the Guadalupe river, tube down the river, go to Spain and other countries (Poland, Spain, Hungary, Austria, Italy, Colombia, Chile), drive in a foreign country (Italy--there is nothing like driving through those winding country roads in a Alpha Romeo), make beautiful note cards from photos (I sent a box  of note cards printed from my photos to 100 people who had influenced me in my life, decorate my house in the Southwest style, collect wonderful things, join a garden club (helped start one), identify wildflowers, ride a Paso Fino, buy a Paso Fino, live in the country, have my horses at home, find my Salsipuedes (I finally have),  help my grandsons learn to ride a horse, teach children about nature, teach my grandchildren to fish, have a tea party with my granddaughter, go shopping with my granddaughter, go to South America (4 times), practice my Spanish, learn HTML code, write a blog, become a Texas Master Naturalist,  see a painted bunting, have bluebirds in my bluebird house (had three batches), have my own business,  and write articles for a newspaper.

 Synchronicity has played a major role in accomplishing these things--my latest thing ready to be crossed off is growing vegetables. I had always wanted to grow more than tomatoes, but never could seem to get motivated.  When the library director asked me if I would be interested in leading the  children's  garden group, I was sure synchronicity had occurred again in my life. I had found my motivation!

Some other items I have added to the bucket list are to learn Portuguese, train Bochica to be less afraid, pass on my love of the land to my grandchildren,  become proficient in using  Photoshop Elements, write a book, learn more about web design, go to Chile one more time and ride a Criollo horse through a vineyard, go to Charleston, S.C., visit the redwood forest, make a good friend, make a hand pieced quilt for my granddaughter, teach my youngest grandchildren how to fish,  learn to do pen and ink drawings, . . . There is one more thing--but it is too far fetched to even write down--unless . . .  synchronicity works its magic again!

Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooooo.....I'm intrigued! I wonder what that one more thing is..... I wonder if I can coax it out of you.....
I don't have a bucket list. I'm pretty much of a one-day-at-a-timer. Some days that is pretty challenging!