Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow, Snow, Go Away! Come Again Another Day (Next Year)!

I can't believe it-snow again-three times in one year-unheard of for this part of Texas - at least since I can remember. The poor horses-they are standing under the overhang looking very bored!


The high is in the 20s today, so it's way too cold for me to be outside. I fed the birds, the horses, the cats, gave the horses fresh water and then I spent the morning first cooking (smothered steak), then planting seeds in peat pots for a future project - more on that in another post. Let's just say I'm getting very enthused about a garden (if Spring ever arrives). :)

These are my peat pots, planted and covered with plastic so they will germinate. Let's hope for success. So far it's carrots, radishes and lettuce. Anyone have any ideas for an making an inexpensive raised garden? I really meant to do a lasagna garden this year, but didn't get started quickly enough layering my manure and hay. Oh, well there is always next year.

No comments: