Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wildflowers or Weeds?

After living in several neighborhoods where "weeds" were frowned upon and I was expected to use chemicals to get rid of every single one of them and water constantly to have a lush lawn, I am so relieved to be living in the country. My  lawn here is "native". Whatever comes up gets to stay (except maybe stickers). What a revelation! I will never be able to identify all of them.   So, do I consider the flowering ones wild flowers or weeds?? I'm sure you know the answer to that--wildflowers of course!


A new clover to identify


Plantain

Wild onion



Evening primrose


It seems that every year I see different things. Last year I didn't notice the the blooms of my Virginia Pines. They re so very different from the Loblolly.
Virginia Pines

Loblolly



No comments: