Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Bluebirds Have Fledged

Well, the baby bluebirds fledged and I missed it again. My mother and I were sitting on the porch Saturday night watching the parents feed the babies. The babies kept poking their head out and I just knew they were getting ready to fledge. Well, we went inside to have dinner and I guess they fledged then. Drat! Oh well, maybe next time.

I checked the nest this morning to just make sure-and sure enough, they were gone. There was one egg that didn't hatch. It was smaller than the others, so maybe that is why.

The egg that didn't hatch

I cleaned out the nest box and disposed of the old nest. Now I'll need to keep an eye out for the next courtship ritual. Stay tuned!

No comments: