Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Monday, February 11, 2013


The Christmas Gift That Keeps On Giving

Look out bucket list! Here I come!!

For Christmas my older son gave me a treadmill. I had been complaining that since I stopped riding my horses, I had gotten way out of shape and was losing my stamina. Now I had no excuse. So I began my exercise plan--at first I walked 30 minutes at 1.5 mph every day. Uh, oh, lost a couple of pounds--not good. I am one of the few people who cannot keep their weight up. So I changed to every other day at 1 mph. That seems to work fine. And it is working!!

My new treadmill
Yesterday, I donned my new rain boots  (it was quite muddy with lots of standing water),  and Rufus, George and I walked the entire perimeter of the pasture--the horses even  joined in for a while.
Another Gift That Keeps on Giving
Quite a menagerie I have--it must have been a funny sight--Rufus and I joined by a cat and two horses. I did walk slowly, but made it just fine!! Success! Now I'm inspired to do better. Now that spring is on the way, I hope to get out and walk that route more often. Rufus certainly liked it also--lots of sniffing. Maybe Mama Cat and Lucky will join us next time!

 As an added bonus, I did  notice more from afoot rather than from the golf cart. The only negative thing is that today Rufus keeps going to the boots and whining to go for another walk--and it is cold today!

Stay tuned!

No comments: