Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Bench

My wonderful bench!

One of the items on my bucket list was to learn to meditate. I've discovered the perfect place! My bench by the pond. The special man I know gave it to me last summer. I went there yesterday to sort through some feelings.Sometimes I just get way too bogged down in thoughts.  Rufus joined me, as well as my cat, George. George seems to sense even more than Rufus when I need a little affection. After finally getting Rufus settled down and relaxed (he first had to do a lot of sniffing), I did try focusing on nothing. Didn't quite make it, but did do some heavy thinking! Ponds are wonderful for just sitting and appreciating nature--watching the little minnows swimming around, seeing the fish jump, checking out the frogs and, listening to the birds. 

As the weather warms, I plan to spend a lot of time down there--hopefully I can quiet my turbulent mind! Wish me luck!!

No comments: