Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bucket List Revisited-A Plan


Remember the item "visit the redwood forest"?

I have faint memories of visiting the redwoods as a child. I remember going into a store that was inside one of the giant trees-as I child, that must have seemed immense (it would now also, I believe). For years now I have been wanting to experience the wonder of those trees again. I seem to be drawn to them--I can sense the peace felt from just being among them. It may seem silly, but I feel "called" to them.

I

Wow!


Synchronicity at work? The library where I work purchased a book entitled Redwoods.  Reading it was enough to start my engine!! The quest was on--to learn more!!




I have a two year plan--between family health issues, animals,  a driving route, a safe vehicle, etc.it may take two years to get it all arranged. Time is marching on, though, and I'm not getting any younger.  I need to get busy.

One thing I need to check out is the level of mold and humidity in the forest. I also need to locate the shortest walks. There seem to be many trails to choose and sights to see. Since I will be driving from Texas, I want a scenic route with great stops along the way.

If anyone reading this has visited the redwoods, please share your experiences with me!! Any tips will be appreciated.  Meanwhile, I'll have fun just reading, watching videos, and gathering information. Sometimes the planning is half the fun of a vacation. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I have already found a book and video I plan to order.

Stay tuned!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you always have goals and are working towards something! Tracie