Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Favorite Autumn Tree


Salsipuedes Sweetgums

Shades of Fall

I hear a lot of complaints about sweetgum trees. It seems that people do not like their spiny balls. I'll have to admit that when the horses limp up to the barn after getting one stuck in their hoof, and I'm digging it out, I'm not too happy. But I remember then that their seeds are a much needed source of food for the birds. Unfortunately, this year there aren't many balls, due to the drought. As if to make up for that fact, their leaves are exceptionally beautiful this year.  Here are some photos I took after the last rain:













What a variety of colors--ranging from yellow-green, yellow, red, orange, burgandy, and even pink! They even look pretty when fallen, adding a little color to the sides of the road! The sweetgum is definitely my favorite autumn tree!


Stay tuned for more tree photos!



No comments: