Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Library Learning Patch-Scarecrow day

Last week (sorry I'm late with my post) we met inside and began reading a fascinating book from our library, One Well The Story of Water on Earth. I learned new things about water--I guess I had never really thought too much about the cycle of water. Very informative book!



Then outside for a fun project. We made a scarecrow (or rather, Mrs. Scarecrow). We used a frame I had made out of scrap wood, then stuffed her with plastic grocery bags filled with newspaper, made her face out of a water jug and added a cute straw hat. The children were pleased with the results. We're hoping it helps keep the birds away from our tomatoes. Of course, our sunflowers just beg them to come!

Scary face!

Dressing her!

Boots and hat

We love our scarecrow!


Okay, Mrs. Scarecrow, keep the birds out!

Our crops are bearing fruit--lots of tomatoes on the vines.






No comments: