Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bucket List Item--Vegetables From My Garden

One more item checked off--I have eaten vegetables grown in my garden here at Salsipuedes. I had earlier harvested lettuce and had nice salads. Now I have begun to pick sugar snap peas, tomatoes and squash. When my first baby squash had blossom end rot, I was a little discouraged, but this next group looks fine. I picked the first one early, though, so I would be sure it would be edible. Small, but delicious. My peas are making a bumper crop. The tomatoes are slowly coming on. My appreciation for real farmers has definitely increased!



Delicious!

Soon my peppers will be ready also. The bush beans are just now growing. A zucchini  is almost large enough to pick. This is such fun!! My little children's garden at the library is doing even better. Check it out.

Stay tuned!



No comments: