Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More Signs of Spring at Salsipuedes

Even though we're expecting cold weather again tonight, Spring is here!!  The bluebird house down by the pond has new eggs. (I think the last ones froze when we had a low of 28). Hopefully these five beauties will hatch. I'm not a nest watcher for Cornell this year, so will just watch from afar. Maybe--I may not be able to resist peeking after they hatch. Bluebirds are just the neatest birds--the entire family helps feed the young.

Nature at its finest!

My blackberry patch is much larger this year--hmm, I can just taste blackberries and cream.

Lots of blooms - hopefully no snakes!

And the grafted pear is putting on leaves like crazy!

New leaves every day!

Who knows, maybe I'll be making pear preserves from the fruits of this new tree.

If my little garden ever begins to grow (it has been way too cold), I'll post pictures of my vegetables. I think I'll take my strawberry plant in tonight.

Stay tuned!!





No comments: