Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Signs of Spring!


Spring is trying to arrive--I was sure we were through with cold weather, but today proved me wrong. However, there are signs --blooming redbuds, pears, plums, flowers, etc. 

 I spied this flicker in my back yard the other morning and raced to get the camera. I managed to get a shot from my bedroom window.

Breakfast?

Isn't he a beauty? I have seen others down by the pond every day. Bluebirds are nesting down by the pond also. I'll try tomorrow to get a photo of the eggs. That mother will need to sit tight--a freeze is predicted tomorrow night. I've filled the bird feeders and will give the horses extra hay. And I'll now need to cover my newly planted tomatoes and squash! I'm hoping this is our last cold spell. I'm ready to sit on the bench at the pond and do some serious bird watching.

Stay tuned!!







No comments: