Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012






Happy Thanksgiving from us at Salispuedes








On this Thanksgiving morning, I awoke around 4:30 a.m., thinking of the tough things my family has faced in the last few months. Wow--seems like most of us have either had health, financial, or other  issues!! But I read an online article this morning that made me stop and be grateful  for my many blessings. It talked about being "not dead". The author was glad he was "not dead". But the trick is to "be alive"--to enjoy our life and be grateful every day!! One of my goals has been to "enjoy the moment", but so often I find myself living in the past or future instead of the present.

So,this morning, I choose to focus on  some of the things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving day:

First of all, my family-especially my sons and their families.
My grandchildren.
My mother's  continuing improvement  from her illness
The special man in my life and his family
My animals and the joy they bring me daily
My co-workers who are so supportive
The beautiful fall weather we have had this year
The fact that I live in this the USA.
My continuing stable health
Friends
Being able to live in the country.
Having an abundance of  the necessities of life--food, shelter, love

I feel renewed this morning--and determined to enjoy this holiday season day by day--to try to recapture that childlike pleasure of the holidays. Wish me luck!!





No comments: