Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Autumn Colors

I mistakenly believed that Salsipuedes would not be as pretty this autumn as it was last year. My trees were late turning. . What a feast for the eyes this week has brought! Last year it seemed that red was the dominant color--this year yellow is definitely the "in" color.

First I noticed  this little hickory:

My first glimpse of autumn

Then I noticed that the trees along my road had begun to turn:

Autumn is here!

Yesterday I awoke to an abundance of yellow with a little orange sprinkled in:

Lovely leaves!

The sweetgum takes the prize:

My favorite!

Even the oaks are pretty this year--some are reddish, but this big boy (behind the elm) is yellow-orange!

Elm in front, oak next and then sweetgum

The yellow is especially pretty peaking through the pine boughs:






I do have some glorious red thanks to the sumac!

A beautiful red!

I'll keep checking this week for more trees turning. Isn't life wonderful???










1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like Miss Autumn is in full bloom at your place! Lovely!