Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Texas February

February--a strange month this year.There has been very little cold weather.  A week or so ago we did have a nice snow. I awoke in the night to total silence--looked out the window and marveled at the swirling flakes. Before long, the tree limbs were coated with a beautiful layer of white.

My Early Morning View

My favorite kind of winter--the snow only lasted a few hours--beautiful!

 The little Spring flowers and weeds had already arrived--the henbit has been in full bloom. I wonder if it will still be in bloom when the butterflies arrive.

Yesterday I took this photo of some of my first Spring flowers--I transplanted these from my pasture a couple of years ago--they are finally taking hold.

Mystery Flowers

I have yet to identify these little beauties. Can anyone help me?? Please feel free to comment.

I eagerly await the redbud trees blooming, as well as other signs of Spring. I wonder how many plants survived the drought of last summer. Soon I will check to see if the blackberry vines rebound. 

I've planted lettuce in my little container garden. Next week I will attempt potatoes and broccoli. This year I will try carrots, squash, peppers, and tomatoes again. I have a new plan to thwart the squash bugs. A friend suggested I plant bay leaves with them. I'll definitely try that.

Stay tuned!




1 comment:

Cindy said...

Could that little yellow flower be a jonquil?