Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Saying Goodbye--We're Not Giving Up Yet

Bochica's tumors continue to come and go, but otherwise he seems to feel good most of the time. Occasionally he seems a little cross to Moe, but never to me. I think he has been missing our rides--I see him really watching closely when I am walking Rufus. But I've come upon a way for him to have a "job' to do again.

The other day for some reason he picked up his feed bucket and dropped it. Aha! I decided to watch him and if he did it again, to give him treats, praise him and teach him to do it upon command. It only took a few days--he is one smart horse and eager to please. Check this video out:




Now is I can jut get him to pick up Moe's bucket!  As soon as it is a little warmer, I plan to get another exercise ball and play with him. Even though I am so tempted to ride him "one more time", I am going by my "gut feeling" which says NO. He is developing more tumors around his hip and is giving a little more to his back end. So we will just have fun in other ways.  I just love that little horse!!!!

Stay tuned for more fun ways to enjoy a horse!







1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a sweet soul!