Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Grandchildren at Salsipuedes

It's always so much fun when my grandchildren visit! Looking at nature through a child's eyes is an adventure. This year the first visitors were my older son, his two children and one of his nephews--what a delight--three grandchildren at once! The two little ones are soon to be 6 and already 7 and the oldest is soon to be 13.

Thank you son!





Despite the 100+ days, we stayed busy outside. Even though they were tired in the mornings, they all got up bleary eyed and helped me feed and muck.
Taking hay to the horses


Yummy grain!
Sweet boy!




Showing the younger ones how to scoop poop!


Girls can work also!!
They all had fun taking turns driving the golf cart!







Of course we had to pay a visit to the pond--this time we fished for crawfish! What fun--I learned a few things about catching them.

Looking for the crawfish holes
Waiting patiently!
Caught one!



No, we didn't eat them. We released them to live another day.


They also helped with the container garden-picking and watering.

My future gardener!
They loved eating the fresh produce!

These veggies are delicious!
My number two grandson even cooked breakfast for us one morning--his famous omlets. Delicious!
Chef at work!
A big hit with my youngest grandson was a bow and arrow set from the local "dollar store". He demonstrated  his technique for his great-grandmother.
See, this is how I do it!

My granddaughter gave her a nice massage.
Doesn't this feel nice?



We kept hearing the pileated woodpecker, but couldn't manage to see it. Finally, my youngest grandson and I set out walking and finally saw it flying over us.
Be very quiet!


Poor Rufus--he didn't sleep much--just had to see what the kiddos were doing every minute!
Can someone else take over for a while?
Okay, you can rest now, Rufus. They are just hanging out in the cowboy room.
Quiet time!

My number one grandson., who is 16,  didn't arrive until the next week, just in time for my brother's famous July 4th family reunion! More on that on another post! Stay tuned!!

My younger son always finds time to clean up my computer. Hurrah!

Hmmm!


A photo of all my grandchildren!!
I love all of you!!



I'm already planning things to do next summer when the grandchildren visit me at Salsipuedes!













1 comment:

Lisa said...

So much to see and do at Salslipuedes! I enjoyed meeting your grandchildren--they are adorable!! I know they must have had a wonderful time with you.