Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Library Learning Patch-Insects, etc.

Today we began to learn all about insects. We borrowed the library's laptop and watched an informative video. We all learned a few new facts about insects.

My mother had been kind enough to make pesto from the basil that we grew from seed. So we had a tasting.
Something we haven't eaten before

I brought a snakeskin I found in my pasture. They were enthralled by it. One of the children volunteered to tell us all about snakes shedding their skins next week.
Neat!

Then out to the garden. Harvest time!! Tomatoes galore!!
Just a sample!
We also had a giant cucumber that we had missed before. Next week we should have squash also. Now the fun begins. The fruits of our labor! Stay tuned!



No comments: