Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rufus and the Ice Chips

My animals are a great source of joy in my life. Windows run along the entire front of my house, and  I placed my computer desk in front of a window in my living area. I often glance outside while I am working and watch all the animals.  One cold winter day this year I looked out and saw the funniest sight. There are no gutters on my house and  the puddles in the drip line had frozen. Rufus, my puppy, had cracked the ice when he walked over them and  was eating the ice chips Then, to my astonishment,  he started  furiously digging a hole. He was actually carrying the ice chips to the hole and burying them. I guess he thought they were treats! He carefully covered them up by pushing the dirt over them with his nose. I wonder what he thought when he dug them up later and found nothing. :-)
I just cannot bring myself to discipline him for digging holes--it is too much fun to wonder what he will bury next!

Stay tuned for the story of Rufus, Bochica and the umbrella.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How sweet! We know not to give our dog a biscuit, pizza crust, or any other 'bread' type food, because we will surely find it later.....in a recliner, sofa, or even under my pillow!