Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Friday, January 17, 2014

I Feel Like A Gypsy!


I've almost set a record here for the longest I have lived anywhere! It's been 5+ years.  But it seems that I wasn't meant to stay in one place long. I will be moving this summer. As you know, I've had my house for sale for a while. No luck, so I've listed it:

Calling in the "big guns"

Maybe Century 21 will have better luck. Go to their site and see the photos! It is a perfect place for someone wanting a rural life, yet to be close to civilization.

As I've said before, I believe the secret to happiness is being able to adapt to different situations. I've certainly had my share of that!!  Sometimes even in the midst of total despair, we must just make the decision to be happy. I'm working on that!!

It is with great sadness that I make these decisions about moving. I've found a good place for Bochica and Moe--they will be with a small herd of geldings in a 40 acre pasture with shelters and quality pasture and hay. As difficult as it is to think about moving and leaving them, I do feel good about their care. I'm putting out feelers for a home for the cats. By the way, George seems to be recovering!! Time will tell. 

The boys' new home to be!

Are you curious about where I will be going? Well, it will be a BIG change! I will be moving to the Washington D.C. area, probably Fairfax County, VA, to live with my son and his family. It will be quite different from this rural life I lead presently. And after living alone for 16 years, it will be a HUGE change. I have very mixed feelings about all of this, as you can imagine. My blog posts may change in the future to "how to adapt". :)

Meanwhile, I intend to squeeze every good moment out of this country life! I will enjoy everything nature has to offer here at Salsipuedes. I'm also making plans for new interests since I won't have my beloved horses. Stay tuned for future posts!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are truly amongst the wonderful informative blogs.http://nv.actiondoorservices.com