Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Friday, January 17, 2014


Fascinating Crows!


I've had more fun observing the little flock of crows that live here at Salsipuedes. They visit the barn every morning and clean up the spilled grain the horses left behind. Crows are very determined--last year I smeared peanut butter on a tree trunk. They would fly by and grab a little. Eventually they got it all. This year I smeared a pine cone with peanut butter, then rolled it in bluebird nuggets and raisins. This was supposed to be food for the bluebirds, right? No way! The crows spied it first. Check this out:



When I checked the pine cone yesterday, no bluebird food remained. The crows won again! I'll have to think of a new challenge for them. Stay tuned!


No comments: