Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Favorite Tree In The Winter

Each season I seem to have a different favorite tree. In the winter,  the pines win, hands down. When all the leaves have fallen, I do like to see the intricate patterns of the branches of the hardwoods. Someday I will learn draw them! But when the colors of winter seem drab, the pines cheer me!
A touch of green!
The birds like them also. They eat the seeds and also hide among the branches (especially when I'm trying to get a photo of them.




Please move your head!

I gather the cones each year, hoping to think of something really cool to make with them. This year I gave some as Christmas gifts, together with peanut butter and bird seed, as a kit to make bird feeders. I need to make some myself! I also use them for decorations. Can anyone think of something else??

Stay tuned!






No comments: