Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Christmas, one of my favorite holidays!! It's funny, I don't remember many of the gifts I received as a child. What I do remember are the traditions--decorating, the story of Jesus's birth read from the Bible, looking for elves, trying to stay awake for Santa, wishing for snow,  and the wonderful food. I hope to pass on those old traditions as well as some new ones to my grandchildren. This week  I finished my decorating. These are a few of my favorite things!


Just a few of my favorite decorations

I always get such pleasure from hanging the ornaments and enjoying the memory of their origin--for instance, the gingerbread man--I made them years ago when I was painting ceramics. The Santa I bought in Budapest, Hungary. Others  my grandchildren and I made and some were given to me.

I have just begun my cooking--some of our tasty traditions are sausage balls, apricot bread, kolaches, pralines, fudge, divinity, date loaf,  fruit cake cookies, and this year empanadas  and madelines. I'll post photos soon and maybe recipes! Wish me stamina! :)

Stay tuned!!



No comments: