Welcome To My Blog!

Adventures--how do you define one? My life has been full of adventures of all kinds-some exciting, some stressful, some funny, some exhilarating--this blog will share some of them with you.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Bluebird Update

Newest baby waiting to be fed


My second batch of babies are almost ready to fly. The mama and papa bluebirds and also the first batch of fledglings are busy feeding them all day. Lots of activity! I hope this time I get to see them fly for the first time. Meanwhile, the parents are getting less and less fearful of me. I am lucky--I have bluebirds everywhere on my place. I turned on the sprinkler in front of my porch the other afternoon and I had 5 bluebirds playing in the puddles. When I go out in the pasture, they light on the fence right next to me. What fun!!  I plan to put up more houses next Spring and make a bluebird trail around my property. Does anyone know if they have more than 2 crops? I thought I say a pair trying to mate again the other day.



No comments: